Tuesday, December 30, 2008

A Wonderful Lady


My grandmother was my life for the longest time. I wanted to post a little something on here for the rest of the world to see how lucky I was to be blessed with the best grandmother God could spare. I'm thankful for the time that I got to spend with her and never want my memories of her to fade.

I wrote this poem for my dad in 1999, needless to say that was the last Christmas with "My Georgie".

A Wonderful Lady

A wonderful lady with so much love.
You could see it in her eyes, as gentle as a dove.
Hardworking and talented, a life full of dreams.
that wonderful lady had such a bright gleam.

Her memories are fading as the days go by,
she's like a stranger in a crowd about to cry.
I stand and I watch with tears in my eyes,
please dear God take over her life.
Why must she suffer? Please tell me why....
Frustrated and angry I simply just cry.

Remembering her loved ones is such a hard task.
She doesn't even remember her past.
We show her our pictures and explain who we are,
She wants to remember but the memories are too far.
The days are getting closer when we'll soon have to say:
I love you and I'll see you again one day.

Amy Roberts-1999


† In memory of Georgia Roberts
April 11, 1922-March 3, 2000

No comments:

Post a Comment